Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

Which study material is best for FAR?

#2 vahb

vahb

• CPAnet Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:03 PM

I studied FAR from roger cpa review and liked it. Roger's emphasis is on teaching concepts rather than memorization. He teaches on white board which helps understand the whole picture. You can view his free demo lectures on his website.
www.rogerCPAreview.com

#3 mohamed.osman

mohamed.osman

• CPAnet Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:04 AM

i'm studying from wiley,and the great point in wiely provid over 1300 mcqs that , but i don't know what is best material for study far

#4 marzipan_cpa

marzipan_cpa

• CPAnet Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:21 AM

Wiley is very detailed and used widely in the CPa review material industry. Yaeger uses Wiley and Roger CPA Review uses Wiley on the side too.

I used Roger CPA Review for FAR and found it to be very thorough, but not so detailed that I was overwhelmed. If you want to learn classroom style from a energtic teacher, Roger is a great option. There are free demos online.

There is not one and only perfect course for everyone - how you learn best is an important factor.

www.rogercpareview.com

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

#5 rsoxtim

rsoxtim

• CPAnet Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:29 AM

I'm using Becker and like it for the most part.
  • cpanet likes this
Virginia candidate

F - Passed (11/2012)
R - 1/19/2013
A - 2/28/2013
B - 4/2013

#6 RedBullRacing

RedBullRacing

• CPAnet Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

I'm using Becker.

#7 Minismommy

Minismommy

• CPAnet Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

Becker is better for notes than Wiley, for McQ however Wiley is good.

#8 Adam L.

Adam L.

• CPAnet Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

I am using RogerCPA review. I am feeling like I am having some pretty good luck! The lectures are easy to follow, not long so you can focus on the topics. Also, the mnemonics make the process a little easier. The topics are broken down by exam topic, making it easy for one to attack the section of the exam! Roger is a great teacher, and if you give the right dedication, you may find that you like him as well! If you follow the study pattern and guide, you very well could get it done in the most reasonable amount of time! I am sitting for FAR next week, and I feel confident that I will be once exam closer to my CPA! Goodluck!

www.rogercpareview.com