#1 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:19 PM

Posted by: decidedtobecpa

Hi,

I will be taking FAR on May 25th and currently using Wiley Textbook and Wiley test bank CD. I am not very happy with Wiley's simulations and planning to buy Gleim Simulation Wizard. Will it be worth the purchase?

Regards,

From CPAnet: Migration of posts made as complete as possible. Visit this link for original discussion.

#2 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:42 PM

Posted by: decidedtobecpa

can someone help me with this?

How many simulations (tentatively) does Gleim simulation wizard have? Are these simulations covered in the book? If most of them are covered in book, is it better to buy the book for simulations? I do not want to spend $99 for something I already have. Since I have Wiley test bank, I am ok with not getting the exam experience while solving few simulations from book.

Your feedback is appreciated, I am taking FAR this month.

From CPAnet: Migration of posts made as complete as possible. Visit this link for original discussion.

#3 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:34 AM

Posted by: CPA_Hopeful

My recommendation is to not purchase the Gleim Simulation Wizard as it has 20 simulations, one for each unit and is very slow. Their Test Prep software is very good and well organized. I especially like the customized study option which allows you to select only questions from their book, questions not seen, or missed. But be warned, their questions are much harder than Wiley's. Also, you may want to review CPAReveiwForFree as they have free qualilty questions to help you master key concepts. In addition, be sure to review all JE's for each topic as good preparation for Simulations.

Good Luck!

FAR -
AUD -
REG -
BEC -

CPAexcel
CPAReviewForFree
Gleim Online & Test Prep
Wiley Book

#4 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:25 PM

Posted by: HopeCPAin2010

I have sitting FAR on 8/6. I studied FAR using Becker and failed with 73 last January 2011.

I bought GLEIM and Wiley books and Gleim Test Prep software. I started doing random questions and scores 50 - 80%, which really disappoint me. Yea, I definately forgot all materials that I studied six month ago.

Should I read chapters again and study one section at a time or should I keep practicing random questions?

This is my third try... I really need to pass. any advice?

REG - Passed
AUD - Passed/Expired-Retaking
BEC - Passed/Expired-Retaking
FAR - Passed

NY

#5 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:47 PM

Posted by: PINKCPA

Sorry, I am just now seeing this message. I hope you did well on your exam.

REG-69, 81
Done!!!

Faith, Prayer and Hard Work!

#6 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:43 PM

Posted by: chatterr

Hello,

I am currently studying for FAR and using Gleim, Wiley and CPAExcel. I want to see different kinds of questions so that I am well prepared for the actual exam.

I do like the Gleim Far Test Prep Bank. The price is very reasonable. They have questions from actual CPA exams. They also have publisher questions that you won't see elsewhere.

For those of who you have taken the Far section, would you say that the Gleim questions are similar to the real exam?

Thanks.

#7 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:10 PM

Posted by: randomCPA

I too am using both Wiley and Gleim. Can anyone comment on the similarity between the different test preps and the actual questions on the exam?

#8 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:26 AM

Posted by: CPA_Hopeful

Gleim's software prep and online simulations are superior to Wiley. However, there is a lot of of the same MCQs. Gleim's interface is much easier to use, less keystrokes, and MCQs more challenging. If you do get stuck on a question and it is from the publisher, you should just skip it as the exam usually follows the CPA adapted questions. Another good source is CPAReveiwForFree questions.

Good Luck!

FAR -
AUD -
REG -
BEC -

CPAexcel
CPAReviewForFree
Gleim Online & Test Prep
Wiley Book

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FAR, CPA Review, Gleim CPA