4 replies to this topic

#1 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:27 AM

Posted by: 700321

ok, I have three reference materials, Gleim 2009, Becker 2008 and Wiley 2009, I was going thru the Becker technical updates on their site and they have many definitions that Wiley and Yaegar dont go over?? Like Wireless networks, i.e WiFi, bluetooth, etc with very detailed definitions of what these are?? Does anyone have any recommendation on studying for this part of exam, which is unbelievable that it is worth 25%??!!!

If anyone has already taken exam etc?

thanks

B

From CPAnet: Migration of posts made as complete as possible. Visit this link for original discussion.

#2 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 11:40 PM

Posted by: emoney883

Hey all..

Just about to start the grueling CPA exam process..The only study materials they have are Gleim-self study books..

I was wondering if anyone's taken the BEC or any part of the exam with just these books? What might be the best and cheapest way to supplement these books? Or should I cough up the money for a different program?

Thanks!

From CPAnet: Migration of posts made as complete as possible. Visit this link for original discussion.

#3 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:24 PM

Posted by: Scootter

I am using Yaeger primarily to study for the BEC exam, however, I bought the Gleim BEC test prep software, just to have access to the 2,000 plus multiple choice questions. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew a good percentage of the Gleim to be getting correct, to feel good about passing the CPA exam. Also, how do these questions compare, in terms of difficulty, to the exam questions?

#4 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:51 PM

Posted by: PINKCPA

I definitely think you need more than just the books alone. You need some software to practice drilling the questions (Gleim, Wiley,etc).

PDF's are cool to supplement your study material but I don't think it's a replacement to having some sort of electronic software. You can't drill 20-30 MCQ's from different areas using PDF's.

REG-69, 81
Done!!!

Faith, Prayer and Hard Work!

#5 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:55 PM

Posted by: PINKCPA

I tried to score 80+ (cumulative). I drilled those questions multiple times ( I think i did all of them at least twice). I was VERY comfortable on my exam.

REG-69, 81
Done!!!

Faith, Prayer and Hard Work!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CPA Review, Gleim CPA, BEC