18 replies to this topic

#9 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:44 AM

Posted by: JLcpa

Hey..great attitude AccountingNerd! Fingers crossed for you. & thanks for all the inputs.

BEC- 26 Feb 2010- 87
REG- Nov 2010

From CPAnet: Migration of posts made as complete as possible. Visit this link for original discussion.

#10 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:13 AM

Posted by: cflas08

AccountingNerd8 wrote:
Well, I'm almost certain I didn't pass, but the questions themselves weren't too hard. It was just a lot of stuff I didn't focus on. And i knew going into the exam what my weak areas were, but I just didn't have enough time to study them. I wanted to reschedule, but my Notice to Schedule expired this month, so i had to take it anyway.

I spent many many many hours studying Individual Income Tax, but the few questions on the exam were very basic. I should have spent a lot more time on property transactions, and a lot less time on business law.

I think the Wiley books are great, but if you insist on using Gleim then i would recommend that you focus on the topics that relate to the questions they ask for each study unit. Because sometimes Gleim gives way too much information. You've got to look at the big picture.

I was feeling awful by the time i got to the simulations. And once I read the simulation I knew there was no hope for me. I attempted them, but I wasn't sure about what I was doing on both of them. One of the written communications was very simple, and the other one was very complicated. I got creative and made some stuff up. :) I hope they only grade the easy one.

I guess I will find out my score in 3 weeks, but in the meantime I plan to take it again at the end of April. I know what i need to focus on now, so I'm positive that I can pass it next time around.

Hey congrats! You passed Reg.

From CPAnet: Migration of posts made as complete as possible. Visit this link for original discussion.

#11 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:44 PM

Posted by: AccountingNerd8

cflas08 wrote:

AccountingNerd8 wrote:
Well, I'm almost certain I didn't pass, but the questions themselves weren't too hard. It was just a lot of stuff I didn't focus on. And i knew going into the exam what my weak areas were, but I just didn't have enough time to study them. I wanted to reschedule, but my Notice to Schedule expired this month, so i had to take it anyway.

I spent many many many hours studying Individual Income Tax, but the few questions on the exam were very basic. I should have spent a lot more time on property transactions, and a lot less time on business law.

I think the Wiley books are great, but if you insist on using Gleim then i would recommend that you focus on the topics that relate to the questions they ask for each study unit. Because sometimes Gleim gives way too much information. You've got to look at the big picture.

I was feeling awful by the time i got to the simulations. And once I read the simulation I knew there was no hope for me. I attempted them, but I wasn't sure about what I was doing on both of them. One of the written communications was very simple, and the other one was very complicated. I got creative and made some stuff up. :) I hope they only grade the easy one.

I guess I will find out my score in 3 weeks, but in the meantime I plan to take it again at the end of April. I know what i need to focus on now, so I'm positive that I can pass it next time around.

Hey congrats! You passed Reg.

Thanks! I still don't understand how I managed to do that, with my horrible simulations and guesses on most of the questions! Now i'm on to study FAR!

AUD- July 7, 2010 PASS
FAR- February 11, 2011 PASS! Last attempt before BEC expired

#12 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 08:31 AM

Posted by: JLcpa

Congratulations A-nerd...& good luck with FAR!

BEC- 26 Feb 2010- 87
REG- Nov 2010

#13 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:30 PM

Posted by: bullandre

JLcpa wrote:
Congratulations A-nerd...& good luck with
FAR!

Did you use Gleim Test Prep CD for Reg? How was it?

BEC 87
REG 81
AUD 88
FAR 86 Rescheduled to Jan 2011

Brooklyn, NY

#14 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:28 PM

Posted by: cflas08

bullandre wrote:
JLcpa wrote:
Congratulations A-nerd...& good luck with
FAR!

Did you use Gleim Test Prep CD for Reg? How was it?

I have the Gleim Test Prep CD, Gleim Book and the Wiley Book. I took a look at the Wiley book and I have to say that the Gleim book is more straight to the point. Wiley appears to have a lot of pages which I don't want to read. I'm not using Yaeger on this section because I can't afford it. I actually started studying REG earlier this year and then put it to the side to focus on FAR instead. Gleim sucked for FAR though but Wiley was good. It just depends I guess.

#15 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:58 AM

Posted by: CPA#1

I failed REG and need new materials. I used the Wiley book and I honestly think it was weak in a lot of important topics like Professional Responsibilities and Circular 230. Anyone use the Gleim book to study for REG? Is it any good?

Thanks!

REG: 64,74,84

DONE!!!!!!!

#16 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:11 PM

Posted by: aimtobeacpa

i think i should buy mcq but i have been weak in
simulations...i have wiley,cpa excel...will it make a
difference or is it worth if i buy simulation bec price is
almost double than test software?
has anyone used it?

REG-68,72,79

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CPA Review, Gleim CPA, REG