cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 02:35 PM

Posted by: Tatka75

Hi

I just started study for AUD using Gleim review

I like mcq & simulations, but textbook (and audio cds) don't work for me, especially for topics what weren't covered in auditing class I took in fall.

Which textbook would you recommend for me? Will 2008 becker work?

From CPAnet: Migration of posts made as complete as possible. Visit this link for original discussion.

#2 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:29 AM

Posted by: RaiderCPA

I am just wondering if someone could send me the breakdown that is in the front cover of the book that shows what chapters go with each of the 5 parts of the Auditing exam.

please send to Reesemp@gmail.com

Just want to know for example chapters 1-4 in gleim go with the first section of the Auditing exam that is worth 12-18%.

REG Passed

From CPAnet: Migration of posts made as complete as possible. Visit this link for original discussion.

#3 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 08:22 AM

Posted by: bethp

Does anyone know if I can use the gleim 2009 book for the 2010 aud test? thank you.

#4 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 10:03 AM

Posted by: Tajik4CPA

You can use it but make sure you get the latest updates.

http://www.gleim.com/support/updates/listing.php?bkID=1

BEC - 90

Becker 2009 and Gleim 2010, Wiley 13.0

#5 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:04 PM

Posted by: PINKCPA

I was very surprised to see that Gleim has mnemonics in the 2011 Audit edition. I'm glad they have them. I usually have to get my mnemonics from Becker or make my own up.

REG-69, 81
Done!!!

Faith, Prayer and Hard Work!

#6 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:10 AM

Posted by: v8nmotion

Did you purchase the book & test prep software? $84.95?
how do you like them? I'm planning to purchase them....
I'm studying with Becker, but I've heard many things are changing, so...
please let me know..

Thanks

#7 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:50 AM

Posted by: PINKCPA

I like them. I purchased the whole online system but I don't think it's necessary (my company reimburses me). I think the book and test prep software is enough. There are 2010 MCQ's with the software. There are task based simulations at the end of each chapter in the book.

The only advantage to the online system is that you get to practice doing the simulation electronically (similiar to exam). They also give you the simulation wizard with different simulations for each chapter. In all, there are 3 different simulations for EACH chapter (2-online, 1- in book). It's kind of simulation OVERLOAD.

REG-69, 81
Done!!!

Faith, Prayer and Hard Work!

#8 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:37 PM

Posted by: bammers

PINKCPA wrote:

I like them. I purchased the whole online system but I don't think it's necessary (my company reimburses me). I think the book and test prep software is enough. There are 2010 MCQ's with the software. There are task based simulations at the end of each chapter in the book.

The only advantage to the online system is that you get to practice doing the simulation electronically (similiar to exam). They also give you the simulation wizard with different simulations for each chapter. In all, there are 3 different simulations for EACH chapter (2-online, 1- in book). It's kind of simulation OVERLOAD.

Hey Pink, have you taken AUD yet? If so, would you say the Gleim MCQs vs. the actual exam were comparable? I failed AUD and used only the Wiley MCQs which I didn't think were as difficult/comparable to the ones on the actual exam so I'm wondering if Gleim is a better choice this time around.

BEC 1/24 - 75
DONE!!! God is GREAT!

Yaeger/wiley
Colorado candidate - NASBA

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gleim CPA, CPA Review, AUD