23 replies to this topic

#9 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:49 PM

Posted by: PINKCPA

@Bammer-I put Audit down when I got my BEC score on Christmas eve (missed by 3 points). I was only a few chapters in AUD. I will retake BEC next month and will pick AUD up to take early April.

bammers wrote:
PINKCPA wrote:

I like them. I purchased the whole online system but I don't think it's necessary (my company reimburses me). I think the book and test prep software is enough. There are 2010 MCQ's with the software. There are task based simulations at the end of each chapter in the book.

The only advantage to the online system is that you get to practice doing the simulation electronically (similiar to exam). They also give you the simulation wizard with different simulations for each chapter. In all, there are 3 different simulations for EACH chapter (2-online, 1- in book). It's kind of simulation OVERLOAD.

Hey Pink, have you taken AUD yet? If so, would you say the Gleim MCQs vs. the actual exam were comparable? I failed AUD and used only the Wiley MCQs which I didn't think were as difficult/comparable to the ones on the actual exam so I'm wondering if Gleim is a better choice this time around.

REG-69, 81
Done!!!

Faith, Prayer and Hard Work!

From CPAnet: Migration of posts made as complete as possible. Visit this link for original discussion.

#10 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:25 PM

Posted by: radhij

Hello Pink,

Is Gleim Review System same as the "whole online system" that you purchased?
On the Gleim's website it says that "Gleim CPA Review System $900+"
includes Books, Test Prep Software Download, Audio CDs, Gleim Online, Simulation Wizard, & test Prep for Windows Mobile.
Is that what you went with?

And you also suggested that just the books and software is good enough .
Do you know how much the cost will be only for the books and software?

From CPAnet: Migration of posts made as complete as possible. Visit this link for original discussion.

#11 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 03:39 AM

Hey Radhij,

Maybe you are looking at the complete system for all 4 parts for $900. I don't believe in purchasing a complete system until you know what works for you. I only purchase one part at a time. For BEC, I only purchased the software (I had a friend that had the book electronically from the online course). The book and questions are all you need for BEC.

I think for AUD & FAR the complete online system is beneficial because of the audio CD's, simulation wizard, etc. I also like online because you get the book electronically. Therefore, I am able to read at work without carrying around the big red book. To purchase one part is almost $300.

The book and software alone is $85.

REG-69, 81
Done!!!

#12 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:50 PM

Posted by: OrDieTryng!

I'm confused about Gleims simulations. There are only 5 tabs in each, but
the exam is supposed to have 7 based on what I've read. Does Gleim just not
make you do as many??

Not very helpful for prepping timing-wise.

AUD: 88 Gleim

#13 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:52 PM

Can you please comment on the difficulty of Gleim's questions as compared
with your actual exam experience? I tried using some Gleim q's for FAR prep,
but they seemed overly difficult. Based on my actual exam experience, they
were!

Also, could yo comment on how you did on Gleim's practice exam and how
you did on your actual exam?

Thanks!!

#14 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:15 AM

Posted by: radhij

Hello OrDieTryng
May I know what material you are using for the preparation?
Thanks

#15 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:11 PM

As my previous post noted, Gleim.

#16 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:36 PM

@ordietrying- how did you like Gleim for REG? I was contemplating switching courses but I'm not sure. I was thinking that I might need a lecture series for REG (I'm not that great on taxes). Did you use anything to supplement?

REG-69, 81
Done!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gleim CPA, CPA Review, AUD