#9 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:56 PM

Posted by: zooyuka

I am currently studying for BEC. I am using the Gleim
book and software. What would be a good study approach?

From CPAnet: Migration of posts made as complete as possible. Visit this link for original discussion.

#10 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:56 PM

Posted by: christinee

I have the 2008 Gleim Materials that I bought sometime in August/September of 2008. I plan on using them to study for the exam this year.

How outdated are they? I already spent hundreds of dollars on the 07 CPA Review books I needed for review classes I took in school, and upgraded to the 08 books when I thought I was taking the exam last year. I really don't want to spend another several hundred on 09 books unless it's absolutely necessary I need them to pass the exam.

Any thoughts on this? Can I pass the exam with the 08 books or is the material too outdated?

Christine

From CPAnet: Migration of posts made as complete as possible. Visit this link for original discussion.

#11 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:38 PM

Posted by: sana

I have tried the Becker ones they are pretty good.Simulations are generally very hard to predict as well as prepare for.For simulations I would suggest a combination of both Becker and Gleim just to be safe.

#12 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:39 AM

Posted by: late bloomer

shashee:

I never used simulations extensively. If you know the concepts, you should be able to answer simulations. My suggestion is do not spend your money on simulation. Practice some from study manual of whatever brand you are using. Instead, focus on MCQ. Gleim test prep CD is the most cost effecctive one. Also, you may try gleim online. Though, gleim online provides same material, but it is useful to develop study habit.

Edited by late bloomer on 14 Jan 2009 at 09:42

#13 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 10:57 AM

Late Bloomer have you used Gleim test prep CD.The one that has aroung 1500-1700 mcq's did you like it.
I am also planning on buying as I have heard a lot of good things about it.

#14 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:36 PM

Posted by: late bloomer

sana:

Yes, I used gleim testprep CD with Yaeger DVD. I think those two are winning combination.

#15 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:47 PM

I am planning on using Gleim prep along with becker(since I already bought becker)
I really wish I will pass.

#16 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:38 AM

Posted by: Time2Study

Hi,

I’m new to the forum. I’ve been procrastinating for far too long on preparing for the exam. I purchased Becker and allowed the software to expire. I can't afford to buy Becker again and was wondering if Gleim would be a good alternative. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CPA Review, Gleim CPA