160 replies to this topic

#17 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:30 PM

Posted by: wannabe

hands down Gleim, but you need to have a strong background. Otherwise, you'll have to work really hard. I have tried three other programs and keep coming back to Gleim.

From CPAnet: Migration of posts made as complete as possible. Visit this link for original discussion.

#18 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:43 PM

Posted by: Time2Study

Thanks for the advice! Which section did you take first?

From CPAnet: Migration of posts made as complete as possible. Visit this link for original discussion.

#19 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:08 PM

I took REG first. If you have strong accounting backgroun go with Gleim. I don't so I complement Gleim with other review programs.

#20 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:12 PM

Posted by: Time2Study

I've decided to go with Yaeger since I heard many mix reviews for Gleim. Do you have the audio cds for Gleim? I was just wondering if it was useful.

#21 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:07 PM

i didn't get audio. I only got online for FAR.. books and mcq software for reg, far, aud and plan to get them for bec too. For far, i also got yaeger since it was the best value btwn intensive and hot spots Bisk w/ Monette and Becker, but I don't really have an opinion about them yet. I only like Cindy so far.

For my last section BEC i'm debating about getting Bisk intensive + a couple of hot spots or Yaeger since the price difference is not much. So, if you get yaeger for bec, would you mind giving me your opinion about it. good luck.

Edited by wannabe on 05 Feb 2009 at 02:28

#22 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:35 PM

Posted by: djcass4199

I use Gleim. It's comprehensive and it's so affordable compared to the very pricey Becker. Highly recommend it.

#23 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:45 PM

Posted by: mica

I have Gleim 2008 for all 4 sections along with the CD. I've thought about purchasing the 2009 edition of Gleim, switching to Wiley or just going with a course review (which is what I'll do as a last resort). There's a lot of info in the Gleim books, so do you go through the books page by page? Or do you supplement the books with something else?

#24 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 05:15 PM

Posted by: azsus2007

Hi All

Just FYI (for those of you who are on tight $$ budget).....Gleim give me a discount for the test prep (for all four sections) for a total of $140.00. I ask for student discount and I provided them my edu address. In all I pay $35 for each section. I think I get a good bargain purchase.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CPA Review, Gleim CPA