Photo

Behind Schedule - Enough Time for Review?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Aichi

Aichi

• CPAnet Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:40 AM

Hi all,

I'm taking the FAR section on Feb. 27th and just going through Becker's F6 lectures now.  The problem is, I'm supposed to have F7 and F8 done by tomorrow to stay on schedule.  My schedule from Becker assumes I will finish F10 on Feb. 10th and then gives me 16 full days to "review" before my exam.  Would it be terrible if I needed 7-10 days or so to finish up the material during this time?

I'm taking four MAcc classes and working one day a week, but I think the reason I'm not getting through the schedule on time is that I'm a little burned out.  I have been pretty thorough in going through the material, though, maybe almost to a fault.  I'm trying to go a little faster now by not meticulously reading everything after going through the book during the lectures.  And I'm going to try doing the multiple choice right after each lecture is done so it's not so exhausting doing them all at the end of the section.

Should I be concerned at this point?  And should I even consider trying to do Becker's FAR final review for the extra $260 if I have time?

Thanks!

#2 smalltimeauditor

smalltimeauditor

Advanced Member

• CPAnet Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:40 PM

I know this post was from February but if you didn't pass with Becker, I'd highly recommend you don't waste the $260 on a final review course and pick up Roger CRAM for FAR - you're going to get a bigger bang for your buck that way.

Think about it, you really don't want to spend any more time looking at Gearty's face... "Again", "Again", etc.

www.rogercpareview.com