#1 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 628 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:00 AM

signwordsoverpixelscom.jpg?width=200

Hello to all my fellow CPA candidates! 

Although I'm not a superstitious person by nature I do tend to look for "signs" to sort of gauge whether I'm on the right path or not. I think to some extent we all do it in one fashion or another.  My sister, well she's a little extreme in her need for external answers, often seeking out the assistance of psychic's.  I laugh (but quietly) when she calls to tell me of how amazing it was that the person knew so much, if it makes her happy who am I to judge?!  But, I digress.  What was I talking about?  Oh, that's right, signs. 

I began my CPA exam journey 3 month's ago. During this time I've been nervous about my ability to expend the level of  commitment required and the sacrifices that must be made if I'm to pass these exams.  I've heard and read stories on other's journey's, the difficulty of the exams - so very many candidates having to take sections multiple times, some not completing within the 18 month time frame and having to start all over.  Insecurity creeping its way into my thoughts I contemplated discontinuing this path.  But today I received a sign - a big, huge, wonderful sign!  I won the the full Yaeger CPA Review course!!  I have never, ever in my life won so much as a penny let alone something worth $1800.  The one time I win something it's this.  To me, if that isn't a sign to continue on, I don't know what is!  I feel honored and so grateful to have been selected, there were so many great blogs posted. I've agonized over what I needed to sacrifice in order to afford the Yaeger review course, something I knew I must have if I was to pass.  When I read the post naming the winners this morning,  I felt like an 8 year old kid on Christmas morning having just opened my "big" gift!  I jumped out of bed, threw on my robe and screamed all the way down the stairs "OMG, I won!" 

Having been re-energized there will be  no more self-doubt, only confidence and a commitment to passing every single section first time out.  I want to say "but if that doesn't happen" but I won't.  I'll leave it at the commitment and say thank you so much to the folks at CPA Exam Club! 

Now its off to some solid study time.  I can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday night (lol!!!)

--------------------------------

Charlene's Posts:

1. I Can Do This: From the Bottom to the Top

2. Adjusting: All the Best Made Plans

3. FASB for Lunch: Time Well Spent

4. Signs: No More Self-Doubt

5. Government Accounting: 5 Hour Energy and Lambers

CPA Exam Club Discounts

original post location