• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#17 alorah34@yahoo.com

alorah34@yahoo.com

• CPAnet Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

Hi alorah34 ~ I think the reason I feel like I bombed was that I knew my material in & out, but I got questions from the content in my study material that was one paragraph long and gave a particular method to compute a basis or tax. It seemed that I had several questions that I breezed over (familiar with), but didn't memorize because I spent so much time memorizing deductions, income (what's included, what's not), reporting periods, which were NOT on my exam.

Thanks for the insight... I had the same issue the first time around. I always worry about corp. taxation the most.

If you don't mind sharing your results when you get them... hopefully you got by.
hate to ask, but how were the SIMS?

#18 cpadreams36

cpadreams36

• CPAnet Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

Hi my name is Andy.

I started my CPA journey when I was laid off from my job in 2011. I decided to study for REG first since I wasn't that strong in the tax arena. My first test was back in November of 2011 and I failed. I have since revamped my efforts and trying to find the right mix of study materials. I took the test on Dec 4 and waiting on my results.

I see it this way. If I pass this time around, I will be celebrating and moving on to the next section. If I happen not to pass this time, I hope that my score is much better than the first time and I progressively get better. The more you study and read over things, the more you understand the material. The goal is that the score continues to increase until you pass.

I have noticed that a lot of people, while waiting for their scores, move on to a new section to begin studying. In my case, I would rather wait and see. If one does happen to fail, it would be better in my opinion to just keep on studying until you pass while the information is fresh in your mind.

and in case anyone asks....
I originally started out with CPAexcel online and book supplemented with Wiley book the first time around.
This time, I used the Gleim text book and Wiley Test Bank. I seemed to have a better grasp on the material. Now I am not sure if it is because I understood better by repetition or the materials were better to prepare me.

The only thing I can say is when going back thru the CPAexcel materials, all of the information was there. Gleim seems to expand on everything in greater detail, yet not overwhelming like Wiley textbook. The CPAexcel software is almost identical to the SIMS on the real test. Wileytest bank questions are priceless.

My next move on materials, I just have to wait and see how things go and my actual score. I will probably stick to what I am using now.

#19 lilpe5512

lilpe5512

• CPAnet Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

Hi my name is Carolyn. I attempted Reg in June but missed it by 6 points. So here I am 6 months later trying it again. I'm using Becker CPA review to help pass the exam.

#20 cpadreams36

cpadreams36

• CPAnet Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

Just got my results from the REG exam.
Passed by the skin of my teeth. It doesn't matter the score, now I can move onto the next section. Not sure what I want to study for next, but thinking maybe BEC to see if I can knock it out quick since it has the least amount of material to study.

REG - 12/04/12 Pass

#21 faisal

faisal

• CPAnet Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

Hello,

My name is faisal. I am taking Regulation Jan/Feb window. I am thinking
about taking Beckers live class in MD in January.

thanks,
faisal

#22 cpacontender

cpacontender

• CPAnet Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:39 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm studying for the CPA exam AGAIN.  I became a candidate in 2009, and passed BEC but it expired :(.  I'm more determined this time; I just want to get it done! I plan to take REG on July 28, 2013 using the Wiley books alone.  I've been using the 2012 books, but may purchase 2013....not sure yet.  Good luck to everyone!!!

Debbie

http://cpacontender.blogspot.com

#23 tigshugs

tigshugs

• CPAnet Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:50 PM

Anyone here studying for the REG exam in Oct 2013 ?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: REG