Overall Purpose: Responsible for the analysis, research, and negotiations of property tax values of various state and local jurisdictions in various states in the West as part of a team and at time individually. Objective is to assist others and on you own identify opportunities to minimize the organizations legal property tax liabilities in accordance with generally accepted valuation principles and state laws.
Key Roles and Responsibilities and skills:
· Valuation experience, appraisal experience and experience dealing with county and/or state assessors, property evaluation, assessing property and company worth, negotiating property value with state Conducts research to advise management of the tax and related accounting implications of property tax values, models, and rules and regulations. Review and approve the preparation and filing of the tax returns required under state, local and tax laws and regulations. Work with state and county assessors to resolve property tax issues and negotiate values when appropriate. Analyze current as well as prepare complex valuation and cost of capital models. Preparation of tax-related journal entries, financial statement disclosures and account reconciliations in accordance with company policy and SOX controls. Responsible for meeting all required deadlines. Conducts and documents moderately complex property tax audits. Works on extremely complex taxation related problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variance factors.
Education: Typically at a minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in accounting, finance, or economics.
Principal Skills / Competencies associated with this Title:
· Valuation experience, appraisal experience and experience dealing with county and/or state assessors.
· Valuation work in real property, personal property, and/or business valuation.
· Appraisal experience in any field
· Fincincial Modeling Skills
· Strong Backgroun or education in Financial Analysis, cost of Capital calculations and modeling, strong excell skills.
• Corporate Tax Returns
• Data Analysis and Reporting
• Federal Tax Laws and Regulations
• Records Maintenance
• Tax Accounting
• Tax Reporting
• Tax Strategy and Policy
Experience: Typically requires 5-7 year’s experience.
Apply here: http://service.jober...18-f1-d8-8254bd