• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dmurillo3

dmurillo3

• CPAnet Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:02 AM

My situation is that i started testing for the CPA exam in 2007 in Michigan, before the 150 hour rule became effective. So i stopped testing for about 4 years and am now re-testing for my CPA. I had considered signing up for the Colorade exam since I qualify for the education requirement and public accounting experience.
However, Since I was already signed up for Michigan I was told by the NASBA person on the phone that since I qualify to sit for the exam in Michigan that I should save my money and time and test in Michigan, and then transfer my exam scores to Colorado.
So my concern is, how do I transfer my exam scores when I am done from Michigan to Colorado?

Some states it is as simple as clicking a link on the NASBA site and paying a small fee, while for Michigan it says to contact the State Board. Has anyone done this before? For example, what is the process, how much does it cost, and/or are they allowed to not let you transfer the scores out of state? I am really worried because I already passed 1 section again, plan to finish the CPA by the end of 2013 and apply for Colorado licensure right after that.

Any guidance based on knowledge or past experience would be really helpful as I am kind of freaking out inside. Thank you.