• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jcalde84

jcalde84

• CPAnet Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

This is my first day on here and I don't know where to turn to for advice so any help/ encouragement I can get would be appreciated.

Back in 2011, I had just finished my undergraduate and got offered a full ride scholarship to University of Phoenix for their MS Accountancy program.  I decided to attend UOP and in Jan 2013, I received my MSA from UoP.

I enrolled in the Becker review program starting in May (REG) and purchased all four sections and final reviews to end in Nov 2013.  I was planning on taking two sections per window.

I, confident that I had fulfilled all the Texas Board requirements, filled out the Application of Intent in April and was processed by the board on May 11.  On June 24, I was informed I was short two accounting courses and the ethics course from UoP would not be accepted. 

While I feel upset at UoP for continuing to inform its students ALL its course material would be accepted, I ultimately feel upset at myself for trusting UoP and not checking myself.  I also feel like certain personal at the State Board level dragged their feet and if I was informed of this just two weeks before, I could have enrolled in a summer session.  But again…I feel more upset at myself.

I just finished my REG final review yesterday and starting BEC on July 13.  It's looking like I won't be able to sit for the CPA this year and wondering what advice do y`all have? 

Can I test at another state and transfer the license to Texas? Should I just call Becker and cancel the remaining reviews? 

Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: becker, texas, cpa, university of phoenix, ethics