5 replies to this topic

#1 capfan38

capfan38

• CPAnet Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

Hi,

I'm a business consultant doing some research on the accounting profession in order to better understand the issues they face.

1)  What are the top 3 biggest headaches for accounting professionals, particularly those who own their own businesses?

2)  Where do accountants hang out professionally, either online or offline?

#2 Virgil-redux

Virgil-redux

Advanced Member

• CPAnet Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

1.) For my Big 4 audit experience....

a. Unrealistic budgets

b. Work that is required by regulations but is not essential in the context of an audit

c. Client contacts that are not helpful or are not trained well enough to provide us with adequate assistance in pulling reports, answering questions, etc.

2.) What do you mean by "Hang out professorially"?

Are you talking about networking and/or happy hours?

• capfan38 likes this

#3 capfan38

capfan38

• CPAnet Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:51 AM

Thanks Virgil-redux.  "Are you talking about networking and/or happy hours?" - Mostly professional networking.  Where do they get together to talk about issues the profession faces, problems that come up during the work day, etc.?  For example, programmers have technology meetups and conferences where they can get together.  They also have plenty of online hubs where they can ask questions and resolve issues.

#4 remoteCPA

remoteCPA

• CPAnet Member
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:20 AM

I go home and hang out with my family and spend time outdoors.  Nothing like spending all day working and then spending more time with those people (sarcasm).

#5 GWashington

GWashington

• CPAnet Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:11 AM

Remote, I know what you mean. Some people see work as more important than others, warranting more time than what is spent in the office.

#6 orovalley

orovalley

• CPAnet Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:21 PM

1.  Incompetent managers

Annoying fellow staff

IT

2.  Hanging out here now online.  Offline, I like meeting other professionals at CPE, griping at lunch with co-workers, and the occasional happy hour. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: accountant, CPA