4 replies to this topic

#1 Hema

Hema

• CPAnet Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:15 PM

Calling all experts…….

This is perhaps one of the dumb questions, I have...

Although, all the topics/chapters are equally important to study and understand, what is the most heavily tested topic that one needs to know, to ensure "a higher rate chances of passing AUD?"

Thanks.

Hema

#2 woogiboogi

woogiboogi

• CPAnet Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:01 PM

one thing i know for sure you would be tested heavily is different types of opinions on different types of reports.  

KNOW:

1. when they are issued

2. why they are issued

3. what kind of different wording is used for different reports 

also know important BS & income statement ratios and understand the ratios.....some people also told me sampling is heavily tested

but to be honest i think it's really luck of the draw.

#3 Hema

Hema

• CPAnet Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

@ Woogiboogi - Thanks  :)

Hema

#4 ruggercpa2b

ruggercpa2b

• CPAnet Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:57 PM

It's really luck of the draw. Remember we all get different tests. What might be heavily tested on my exam might not be heavily tested on your exam.  I would put 100% towards every chapter and make sure that you understand the material. I know Becker states that Reports and Audit Evidence are heavily tested. I am retaking audit for the 3rd time in 3 weeks and I am going to say that this was not the case on my test.  I was heavily tested on areas that I had blown off and it got me a 73.

#5 sunlox

sunlox

• CPAnet Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:11 PM

Yes indeedy, you should study reports. I took AUD twice. First time I studied a week, focusing on the major topics, and landed a nice 73. Next time I studied everything and got an 82, easy. Give yourself enough time to study everything, including the boring and least tested topics.