No replies to this topic

#1 Roger CPA

Roger CPA

Advanced Member

• CPAnet Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:30 AM

Saturday morning 7:30a.m. I awoke to a text from a fellow CPA exam taker with “I received my score and didn’t pass.” Immediately I thought do I look? Do I not look? I looked… I wished I hadn’t and just waited until Monday. Why? Yes you guessed it, I too did not pass. I allowed myself exactly one hour to sulk and feel embarrassed, then spent the rest of the day forgetting I had checked it. I told a few close friends I had not passed over the weekend and they all asked me what is my game plan? Give-up? I totally felt like it on Saturday, but then Sunday came along and it wasn’t so bad, Monday passed by and I had forgotten completely. By Tuesday morning my friends and coworkers all encouraged me, with a great support group like this, my attitude totally changed. There are plenty of people don’t pass the first time. It’s nothing to be embarrassed about. That test is HARD, if it wasn’t, then everyone would be a CPA. Okay, maybe not but good things are hard for a reason, to challenge yourself. So here I am rethinking my plan of attack. I will start with task based simulations. I know last time I did not spend very much time on them.  The test is only 97 questions essentially, three testlets of 30 questions and seven TBS. Meanwhile I have started the re-application process. I am hoping to take the exam 7/3, which is exactly 23 days away. Let’s do this Roger CPA Review!

view original / in full