2 replies to this topic

#1 kylezj

kylezj

• CPAnet Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:31 AM

Hey all,

I just decided that after my current employment terminates (Company Bankruptcy); Im going to pursue my CPA. I am afraid because its been so long since I got outa college(4 years). I plan on taking Becker but fear they might build on stuff I have forgotten? Do they really cover everything or would you suggest picking up an old textbook and reading through it? Any suggestions would be helpful. Also what route would you guys go if you did Becker? Self Study or Online? I plan on having 4-6 months of just focusing on Becker without working.

Thanks,

Kyle

#2 Pratik

Pratik

• CPAnet Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:18 PM

Hi Kyle
I did my CPA 3 years after college (while working) and I am from India. I did not have much of an American education background apart from the accounting basics. I studied from Becker and passed 3 exams in the first shot and managed to clear the last one two months later. Folks at Becker assume only the basics of accounting principles and update the candidates for any changes that have occured. I suggest you take up becker and start with the material.
Thanks
Pratik

#3 BeattheCPA

BeattheCPA

• CPAnet Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:53 AM

Hi Kyle,

I actually used Becker when taking my exams but ended up using multiple other supplemental sources to pass them all. After personally trying out most of the CPA review courses, I would definitely choose Wiley CPAexcel if I had to take them all again. I found the course to be completely comprehensive and it would be a great option for a student who has been out of college for awhile, like yourself. 

I think you'll find this comparison chart of the top 5 courses very helpful: http://beatthecpa.co...review-courses/

Good luck!

-Erica