2 replies to this topic

#1 atchleyjoe

atchleyjoe

• CPAnet Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:15 PM

Hello CPA forum,

First off, please let me know if this is in the wrong forum/subforum.

I'm looking to go back to school for my masters in business or accounting, whichever will get me the required credits to take the CPA exam. I am thinking about doing online courses, but I don't know what the risks associated with that are, and whether or not its comparable to a normal degree (i.e. actual classroom courses). 

Just a little background....

- I live in Nashville, TN

- I've worked as a grant accountant, in the public sector, for the last two years, working directly under a retired/part-time CPA

- I have my Bachelors in Business Administration

Any thoughts/advice on schools, degrees, or anything else would be greatly appreciated.

#2 KMAH11

KMAH11

• CPAnet Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:06 PM

You should look at the AACSB website which allows you to filter for schools that provide online courses and are accredited. When you graduate, your certificate won't show that you were online. I'd be interested in what online course you select as I need to find one too.

#3 BreakingBig4

BreakingBig4

• CPAnet Member
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:03 AM

Make sure you choose online education sites that are accredited, else throw your money down the drain.

The Big 4 Interview Question and Answer Guide and all you need to get a Big 4 job

Free Actual Example Big 4 reports - valuation reports, tax memos, m&a information memorandums, risk reports. Know what you'll be doing on the job. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CPA, BBA, MBA