Photo

Saying SORRY Is Difficult. But Once Said, It Does Make You Feel Awesome!!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 NIMISHGOEL

NIMISHGOEL

Advanced Member

• CPAnet Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:10 AM

www.nimishgoel.com     

Saying SORRY Is Difficult. But Once Said, It Does Make You Feel Awesome!! 

This article is very special as it doesn’t relate to any career guidance or mentoring I generally do through my blog www.nimishgoel.com. This article is inspired from a real life incident that happened with me couple of weeks back when I acted in a way I shouldn’t have and later how I made it good by a simple apology.

It was Friday morning around 11.30AM when I was in the middle of a meeting. Since past few weeks the work pressure had taken a toll on each member of our team and everyone was gasping for some free time. The work was increasing and unfortunately two of our team members had left the organization. I was sitting with a colleague discussing a business plan for our new venture and the discussions were quite intense.

Right at the middle, my cell phone rings and I saw the name of a client who had called me the day before also but I wasn’t able to pick his call because of some prior commitments. So, I picked up the call and expressed sorry for not being able to talk to him the day before. Things were absolutely fine for next 2-3 minutes when we were discussing the work. We were supposed to get back to the client with some information and I had told him because the team was very busy, we may not be able to manage time for the next few days, but thereafter work would surely get finished. I had committed to the deadlines we had discussed.