NIMISHGOEL

Advanced Member

• CPAnet Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 07:42 AM

www.nimishgoel.com

Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) – When Should You Pick Up This Course

Lot of students asks me the options available to them while they are doing CA or after completing CA. And one of the most asked question is ‘should they go for a CFA degree’. The reason of writing this article is not to tell you how to do CFA and what’s involved in it, but more about ‘Why CFA’. You can very easily Google the subjects and the course curriculum, something where I may not be able to add any value. However, what I want to elaborate through this article are the larger aspects of why should you pick this course and what are the skills one should have to complete it.

After interacting with students and young chartered accountants, I felt a majority are perhaps clueless of why should they pursue this course. The reason of starting my blog www.nimishgoel.com was precisely this reason. It is unfortunate students have limited means to take guidance and mentorship from someone who is capable enough to guide in the right direction. Senior most family members, who may not have any idea about the field you want to pursue, generally provide guidance. Because they are our elders in the family and probably more educated (irrespective of the field), they end up becoming the mentors to all the youngsters in the family. You can read one of my previous articles on this topic http://nimishgoel.co...family-friends/

Ok, coming back to the topic – Why CFA?