• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 625 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:00 AM

What do I mean by “the juggle”? It’s simple really. I mean the everyday things that you have to juggle in order to find the time to study for the CPA Exams. We all experience the anxiety of having to rearrange our lives so that we can find those 300 to 400 recommended study hours. I’ve decided that for today’s CPA exam blog I would give some tips on how to juggle. 

The first tip is to get organized and stay organized. Depending where you are in life, you may have to split you study time between work, school, kids, family, church and the list goes on. The first way to keep from becoming overwhelmed is to get organized. Find a good CPA review course and set goals. Determine which days you will study a particular section. I like to be hyper organized and plan each day of the week by hour. That way I can find every little nook and cranny of time to study. Another important aspect to your CPA review schedule is to add in catch up days. Invariably you will fall behind on your studies. Life will get in the way. To keep from getting overwhelmed, build in some catch up days. That way you won’t stress too much if you fall behind. 

The second tip is to prioritize. It is important before you start studying to determine what your top priorities are. That way you may be able to cut back on some activities that aren’t your top priorities. You may find that you can take a lighter class load for a semester or ask your boss for less overtime work for a few months. You may find that you can step off certain clubs or boards while you are studying. When you sit back and really figure out your priorities you may be amazed at the amount of time spent on activities that don’t coincide with your priorities. That time can be spent studying. 

The third tip is to actually add something to you schedule. I know it sounds counterproductive, but adding at least 30 minutes of exercise to your day will increase the productivity of all your daily tasks. You’ll be staying healthy or maybe getting healthy and your studying will be more effective. Exercising in the morning will help give you energy throughout the day. 

Lastly, reward yourself. Studying for the CPA Exam is a marathon. It is easy to get burnt out part of the way through the process. Make sure you take some time to rejuvenate. Take a day off and go to the beach. Maybe get a pedicure; I hear guys can get them too. Taking an evening or two a week to hangout with friends will help to keep you engaged and feeling like you still have a life outside the exam preparation. 

Most importantly, stay positive. Keep your goals and priorities in mind as you make decisions. 

- Black CPA Review

View the full article