• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cpanet

cpanet

Owner

• Administrators
  • 626 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:30 PM

Many people asked, "BEC, that's the easy one, right?" I HATE this question, because the topics in BEC were far from "easy". Therefore, I'll explain how I tackled this final exam.

I believed the myth of thinking that BEC was the easy exam as well. Therefore, I allowed work and other things (like waiting for my REG score) to delay my studying. Also, I was burnt out. ALL of 2015 had been spent stressing over FAR, AUD, and REG. Once I found out I passed REG, it hit me. This could possibly be my last CPA exam! The nightmare might finally come to an end. Which surprisingly, scared me. What will life be like after passing this exam? I definitely had to cast aside those fears and FOCUS. 

I used Roger CPA Review for my study materials. Thankfully, his lively and engaging delivery made the process of studying much easier. After watching his lectures, I read the text and practiced countless MCQ's. Since MCQ's were 85% of the exam, I focused mostly on them.

I was surprised with the difficulty level of the material for Economics (which has always been a weak subject for me), Cost Accounting (been a long time), and Managerial Accounting (light previous exposure). The overwhelming amount of formulas blew me away! I was SHOCKED! However, I remembered as many as I could and just tried to keep a positive outlook. I took notes on the reading material and studied my notes often. 

For the written communication, the software (and apparently other software does this as well) had a "self-grading" feature which did not provide much value to me. So, I simply copied and pasted the master responses into a word document two weeks before the exam and read those several times in order to solidify key words into my mind. 

On test day, I just kept telling myself I would perform well. It was my last exam. I studied hard. And thankfully, I received my passing score on 12/9! 

My advice is NOT to underestimate this exam. Take your time, because the questions are tricky. And make sure to allow enough time for the WC (I allowed 1 hour). Good Luck!

View the full article

#2 AndrewOa

AndrewOa

• CPAnet Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:46 PM

Hi this is for you

he latest trend for a low-cost, faster ROI and effective marketing is to buy an email list and send your message out to multiple prospects very fast. However ... - Buy Now EMAIL LIST

marketing_databases.jpg