• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Julie

Julie

• CPAnet Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

I am currently studying for Far, and have been using the CPAexcel study material.

So far I love it! I work during the days and study at night and weekends and sometimes during my lunch breaks, and this review material works perfect for me.

Each section is broken up into short lectures with corresponding study material (book, flash cards, slides from the lecture, etc.). Then there are the practice questions, and the test like questions, that go with the material and really test your knowledge.

I think of all the materials I have used this is by far the one that works the best for me.
And I feel that is at a much more reasonable price then other review programs.

Anyone else agree?

#2 SoCA

SoCA

• CPAnet Member
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:16 AM

How is their MCQ and SIMS software? Are the questions similar to Wiley? I've read their book only but found the Wiley textbooks much better imo.

#3 cpagrinder

cpagrinder

• CPAnet Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:13 AM

I found their MCQ to be very similar to the ones on the test. The SIMS software is not that good but I have demoed every major CPA review on the market and none of them are. I found their books much easier to learn from than Wiley because it doesn't overwhelm you with information and explains the questions and answers more clearly IMO.
Cheers!

http://crushthecpaexam.com

#4 usmenon

usmenon

• CPAnet Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

I wanted to review different materials before I buy them but cpa excel 14 days trial is totally useless
One should have atleast 7 days access to all or reasonable material to view

#5 randomCPA

randomCPA

• CPAnet Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:26 AM

I'm debating whether I should buy CPAexcel or continue with Yaeger. Does CPAexcel have a test bank, or do I need to click through every lecture to view the 20 or so MCQs? I'm using the 14 day trial and everything is blocked out, I can't even tell if I'm using it correctly...